buttons that don't register well

If you're having problems with the hardware of a DM42, post about them here.
Dave Britten

Re: buttons that don't register well

Post by Dave Britten » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:14 pm

It feels about the same as the rest of the keyboard, but given that there's still some slight variability among the keys (my Rdown requires more force than TAN, for example), it's difficult to say on which side of the mean Enter now lies. It feels a hell of a lot better than when I got it, though.

H2X

Post by H2X » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:14 pm

I think my issue with the keyboard just went away!

I got a new sheet of slightly larger (and softer?) domes from Switzerland. I had to improvise on the installation procedure, but I got them perfectly aligned (and I can see how that might have been difficult using the procedure for the Voyager models).

That, combined with gently pressing the keys before closing up, seems to have done the trick. Now I have a totally enjoyable experience calculating all and sundry!

Thanks, Michael!
DM42 SN:00040
Be enter not or (Hamlet Yoda not)

xmehq

Post by xmehq » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:29 pm

The shift key on my DM 42, sn 03805, has always been tricky to use, it seems to register about half the time. This morning I noticed that there is a slight gap between the upper and lower parts of the case in the corner nearest the shift and exit keys. I opened the case to see if something was misaligned but found nothing amiss. I carefully aligned the slots and tabs and reattached the back and the gap is still there. Is seems like the keyboard bezel may be slightly warped. Any suggestions on what I might try next?