Wish List - sub forum?

Post here to share useful tips and tricks, to ask questions about using your DM42 or to report software-related problems
cappy

Wish List - sub forum?

Post by cappy »

Should there be a separate sub forum for a Wish List?
I only have 1 suggestion at the moment, and I know it's been mentioned in other posts.

However, I don't know if SM is formally monitoring/accepting change requests/feature requests at the moment.

What do you think?
DM42 SN: 0612
keithdalby

Re: Wish List - sub forum?

Post by keithdalby »

I could be wrong, but I think grsbanks is acting as Michael and David's ear to the ground.
grsbanks

Post by grsbanks »

keithdalby wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:57 pm
I could be wrong, but I think grsbanks is acting as Michael and David's ear to the ground.
You're absolutely right :)

As a general rule of thumb, the idea is to keep patches to Free42 to a minimum. Some patching has been necessary to drive the hardware. If a feature that people are showing an interest in is going to require a patch to Free42 then the chances are that it's not going to happen.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
cappy

Post by cappy »

grsbanks wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:21 pm
keithdalby wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:57 pm
You're absolutely right :)

As a general rule of thumb, the idea is to keep patches to Free42 to a minimum. Some patching has been necessary to drive the hardware. If a feature that people are showing an interest in is going to require a patch to Free42 then the chances are that it's not going to happen.
I see. Well I'm new here, so I don't know who is who.

I'm not actually referring to changing Free42, I'm referring to functionality that is unique to the DM42.
Of course, any changes that are unique to the DM42 may actually require patching Free42, and that is risky.
Walter

Post by Walter »

As mentioned in another thread already, I vote for a separate sub-forum for such wishes, i.e. for features beyond the present function set of the 42. This may become a pool wherein SM may fish for a hypothetical future calculator ... ;)
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
cappy

Post by cappy »

Walter wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:27 am
As mentioned in another thread already, I vote for a separate sub-forum for such wishes, i.e. for features beyond the present function set of the 42. This may become a pool wherein SM may fish for a hypothetical future calculator ... ;)
Who has admin rights to create Sub Forums? Gsrbanks, or only Michael and David?