ON and off (images)

Post here to share useful tips and tricks, to ask questions about using your DM42 or to report software-related problems
Geoff Quickfall
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 8:44 pm
Location: Vancouver Canada
Contact:

Re: ON and off (images)

Post by Geoff Quickfall » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:43 am

I am with Walter on this.

Let’s finish almagamating the 42S with the 41CX Time functions (as many as can be expected) before we work on the icing.

Geoff

keithdalby
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: ON and off (images)

Post by keithdalby » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:41 am

And the Free42 print to file functionality, and perhaps extending the AVIEW for the whole screen

Olaf
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:15 am
Location: France

Re: ON and off (images)

Post by Olaf » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:41 am

A big "+1" for the "print to file" request.

To me it's a great addition in Free42 that would be very nice to have in DM42 as well. Of course it involves thinking twice because of flash wear, but I would guess that such file would be stored as a object in RAM, and the user would have the option to preserve it by explicitly mounting the flash storage and select a "Save print-out to flash" menu option.

Olaf
-----------------------------------------------------------------
HP48G, DM42 (# 276), a slide rule and a C compiler :-)

grsbanks
Posts: 642
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:23 am
Location: Preston, Lancs, UK

Re: ON and off (images)

Post by grsbanks » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:00 am

salvomic wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:35 pm
mcc wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:29 pm
...I often has to stop myself from reaching for my DM42 to switch it "really off" since it is displaying something.

:)
indeed!
I was doing it two minutes ago: "My God, always on: the batteries will end soon!" :)
Except that the technology used in the DM42 is Sharp's so-called "memory LCD", which requires no power at all to maintain something on the screen. The booster that generates 5V for the LCD from the battery's 3V is switched off...
Not SwissMicros staff, just an enthusiast.

cappy
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Re: ON and off (images)

Post by cappy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:36 pm

salvomic wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:45 am
I confess: I'm doing ON/OFF sequence more times to see drawn OFF Images to appear: too nice! :-)

Salvo
Can the images be displayed via a program?
I'd like to sequence through them after a 5 second delay, as opposed to turning power on and off.
DM42 SN: 0612

cappy
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Re: ON and off (images)

Post by cappy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:39 pm

Walter wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:03 am
This thread recollects the numerous graphic calcs in high school most times just used for playing instead of doing math.
One we get an in-place programmable picture viewer, email comes next, online banking, web browsing, and Amazon & Netflix clients ;-)
DM42 SN: 0612

toml_12953
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 5:46 pm
Location: Malone, NY USA

Re: ON and off (images)

Post by toml_12953 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:53 am

cappy wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:39 pm
Walter wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:03 am
This thread recollects the numerous graphic calcs in high school most times just used for playing instead of doing math.
One we get an in-place programmable picture viewer, email comes next, online banking, web browsing, and Amazon & Netflix clients ;-)
Yes! I'd need a color screen, though! :lol:
Tom L

आपका दिन शुभ हो
DM42 SN: 00025 (Beta)
SN: 00221 (Shipping)

User avatar
Walter
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 9:13 am
Location: Close to FRA, Germany

Re: ON and off (images)

Post by Walter » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:08 am

toml_12953 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:53 am
cappy wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:39 pm
Walter wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:03 am
This thread recollects the numerous graphic calcs in high school most times just used for playing instead of doing math.
One we get an in-place programmable picture viewer, email comes next, online banking, web browsing, and Amazon & Netflix clients ;-)
Yes! I'd need a color screen, though! :lol:
That's feature creep no more, that's feature rush! :shock: :lol:
DM42 SN: 00041 --- Follower of Platon.

HP-35, HP-45, ..., HP-50, WP 34S, WP 31S, DM16L

toml_12953
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 5:46 pm
Location: Malone, NY USA

Re: ON and off (images)

Post by toml_12953 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:00 am

Walter wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:08 am
toml_12953 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:53 am
cappy wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:39 pm


One we get an in-place programmable picture viewer, email comes next, online banking, web browsing, and Amazon & Netflix clients ;-)
Yes! I'd need a color screen, though! :lol:
That's feature creep no more, that's feature rush! :shock: :lol:
Heh heh! Not to worry. The 12 GHz, 512-core processor that runs for three weeks on one charge that I want in the new unit should be able to handle the extra load of a color screen.
Tom L

आपका दिन शुभ हो
DM42 SN: 00025 (Beta)
SN: 00221 (Shipping)

User avatar
Walter
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 9:13 am
Location: Close to FRA, Germany

Re: ON and off (images)

Post by Walter » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:07 am

toml_12953 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:00 am
Walter wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:08 am
toml_12953 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:53 am


Yes! I'd need a color screen, though! :lol:
That's feature creep no more, that's feature rush! :shock: :lol:
Heh heh! Not to worry. The 12 GHz, 512-core processor that runs for three weeks on one charge that I want in the new unit should be able to handle the extra load of a color screen.
Do you need hot water for your shower?
DM42 SN: 00041 --- Follower of Platon.

HP-35, HP-45, ..., HP-50, WP 34S, WP 31S, DM16L

Post Reply