Alpha font ties to Last x

Post here to share useful tips and tricks, to ask questions about using your DM42 or to report software-related problems
pica

Alpha font ties to Last x

Post by pica »

It seems that the font size of the alpha register is tied to the font size of the Last X register, when the screen is in XYZTL mode.
Is this a bug? Its not a train smash, but it does mean that my most preferred display mode with large X, Y and messages, but smaller ZTL registers is not available. See the accompanying screenshots. The problem does not occur in XYA mode.
setting.jpg
setting.jpg (32.8 KiB) Viewed 2982 times
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (29.97 KiB) Viewed 2982 times
HP50G HP35s Free42 DM42.
Testing WP43S, C43.
grsbanks

Re: Alpha font ties to Last x

Post by grsbanks »

There's a fix for this in the next firmware version :)

Thanks for the report!
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
pica

Post by pica »

Super. This is why the DM42 is such an amazing piece of kit. You know that it is pretty close to perfect, when that is all there is to complain about. I guess you already know that the problem was slightly misreported, as the font size of the T register also impacts the font of the Alpha register.
HP50G HP35s Free42 DM42.
Testing WP43S, C43.
grsbanks

Post by grsbanks »

The font size for the message area wasn't being set explicitly at all, it was using the last font selected, i.e. the topmost displayed line of the stack.

The font size used is now set explicitly to the base font size.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.