UPDATE: DMCP-3.9a / DM42-3.9.1 / dm_tool-2.4

This is where announcements of official firmware updates provided by SwissMicros for the DM42 calculator will be made.

Please do not post bug reports here. The Usage tips, tricks and problem reports forum is there for that.

Please do not post notices of third party firmware builds here, they will be deleted. Instead, please use the Third Party firmware builds forum for this purpose.
H2X

Re: UPDATE: DMCP-3.9a / DM42-3.9.1 / dm_tool-2.4

Post by H2X »

sadsilence wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:33 pm
zeno333 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:53 am
I have Firmware version 3.5...Would the #3 combined Binary work with that version via the FAT USB drive update option?...(I presume one still uses the option "Flash Firmware from USB even with the combined file...)
Did exactly that last week. Worked perfectly.
Me too (last week in my case being the last week of August 2018). The update apparently went fine, but yesterday it behaved rather oddly when I switched it on - the screen was rendered only partially.

Switching off and on again seemed to cure it, for now at least...
What is the metric tensor in imperial units?
sadsilence

Re: UPDATE: DMCP-3.9a / DM42-3.9.1 / dm_tool-2.4

Post by sadsilence »

Still no problems here.
H2X wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:42 pm
sadsilence wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:33 pm
zeno333 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:53 am
I have Firmware version 3.5...Would the #3 combined Binary work with that version via the FAT USB drive update option?...(I presume one still uses the option "Flash Firmware from USB even with the combined file...)
Did exactly that last week. Worked perfectly.
Me too (last week in my case being the last week of August 2018). The update apparently went fine, but yesterday it behaved rather oddly when I switched it on - the screen was rendered only partially.

Switching off and on again seemed to cure it, for now at least...