February run of DM-42

Discussion around the Swiss Micros DM42 calculator.
User avatar
salvomic
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:09 am
Location: Ragusa, Sicily
Contact:

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by salvomic » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:27 pm

Krauts In Space wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:57 pm


Both of you say you suffer on a very rare but hard form of dyscalculia.
maybe :-)
∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) - DM42 (SN: 00881), DM16, HP Prime, 50g, 41CX, 42s, 71b, 15C, 12C, HP 35s, WP34s :: Free42

keithdalby
Posts: 543
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by keithdalby » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:37 pm

grsbanks wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:12 pm
My partner can't say a word on that topic, being the owner of about 5 metal detectors, various probes and other accessories and some fairly costly radio scanning equipment :)
Sounds like a keeper. Everybody's got to have a passion, otherwise life is boring. Can't understand folk who sit around all day watching TV.

toml_12953
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 5:46 pm
Location: Malone, NY USA

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by toml_12953 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:21 pm

Krauts In Space wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:57 pm
Over_score wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:16 am
salvomic wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:29 am
..., but my wife also wonders why I buy so often calculators... :)
Salvo
My wife asked me exactly the same question!
Both of you say you suffer on a very rare but hard form of dyscalculia.
That's it! I'm applying for disability. I suffer from dyscalculia. I'm a victim! I need government money (to buy more calculators)! :lol:
Tom L

My father was a man of the cloth. He was a tailor.

DM42 SN: 00025 (Beta)
SN: 00221 (Shipping)

toml_12953
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 5:46 pm
Location: Malone, NY USA

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by toml_12953 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:21 pm

keithdalby wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:37 pm
grsbanks wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:12 pm
My partner can't say a word on that topic, being the owner of about 5 metal detectors, various probes and other accessories and some fairly costly radio scanning equipment :)
Sounds like a keeper. Everybody's got to have a passion, otherwise life is boring. Can't understand folk who sit around all day watching TV.
Unless that person collects TVs! :D
Tom L

My father was a man of the cloth. He was a tailor.

DM42 SN: 00025 (Beta)
SN: 00221 (Shipping)

keithdalby
Posts: 543
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by keithdalby » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:43 pm

toml_12953 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:21 pm
keithdalby wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:37 pm
grsbanks wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:12 pm
My partner can't say a word on that topic, being the owner of about 5 metal detectors, various probes and other accessories and some fairly costly radio scanning equipment :)
Sounds like a keeper. Everybody's got to have a passion, otherwise life is boring. Can't understand folk who sit around all day watching TV.
Unless that person collects TVs! :D
Good point

rprosperi
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:48 pm
Location: New York

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by rprosperi » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:50 pm

grsbanks wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:12 pm
My partner can't say a word on that topic, being the owner of about 5 metal detectors, various probes and other accessories and some fairly costly radio scanning equipment :)
Sounds like your partner's hobby is far more expensive than yours. Time to acquire more calcs!! :D :D
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282

Hans S.
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:08 am
Location: Remstal
Contact:

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by Hans S. » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:49 pm

Over_score wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:16 am
My wife asked me exactly the same question!
My wife stopped asking questions a long time ago.

Hans

grsbanks
Posts: 856
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:23 am
Location: Preston, Lancs, UK
Contact:

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by grsbanks » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:03 pm

rprosperi wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:50 pm
Sounds like your partner's hobby is far more expensive than yours. Time to acquire more calcs!! :D :D
Well, I have just won an eBay auction for a job lot of about 20 calculators... That will bring the collection up to around 60+ machines if I can count correctly (rather ironic if I can't).

One side effect of this is a pile of batteries on my desk now because I don't store the machines with batteries in them for obvious reasons. Only the machines that I use regularly get to keep their batteries, so that's all but one of the SwissMicros machines that I own and a couple of HP machines. The only reason I didn't replace the battery in the DM16L is because I have batteries in an HP-16C and I'm using that until they die :)
Not SwissMicros staff, just an enthusiast.

User avatar
edcetera
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:32 am

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by edcetera » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:13 pm

Hello

I was able to order a DM42 this AM February 2, 2018, i'm all pleased. :D
It all started with an hp-25...

User avatar
salvomic
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:09 am
Location: Ragusa, Sicily
Contact:

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by salvomic » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:48 pm

edcetera wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:13 pm
Hello

I was able to order a DM42 this AM February 2, 2018, i'm all pleased. :D
me too :D
and now I'm looking for Monday...

Salvo
∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) - DM42 (SN: 00881), DM16, HP Prime, 50g, 41CX, 42s, 71b, 15C, 12C, HP 35s, WP34s :: Free42

Post Reply