February run of DM-42

Discussion around the Swiss Micros DM42 calculator.
Post Reply
User avatar
salvomic
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:09 am
Location: Ragusa, Sicily
Contact:

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by salvomic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:13 am

reavy wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:08 pm
in Phoenix within 2-3 days of the Swiss postmark. ...
you are very lucky: from Switzerland (or Germany or UK) to Sicily at least we can wait 3-4 days or also 5... :-)

Salvo
∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) - DM42 (SN: 00881), DM16, HP Prime, 50g, 41CX, 42s, 71b, 15C, 12C, HP 35s, WP34s :: Free42

User avatar
salvomic
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:09 am
Location: Ragusa, Sicily
Contact:

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by salvomic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:48 am

However, today I'm glad to make compliments to the Swiss and Italian Post service!
Here #00881 is here!
Thanks Michael and the DM staff.

Salvo
Attachments
DM-42-HP42.jpg
DM-42-HP42.jpg (201.05 KiB) Viewed 786 times
∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) - DM42 (SN: 00881), DM16, HP Prime, 50g, 41CX, 42s, 71b, 15C, 12C, HP 35s, WP34s :: Free42

User avatar
Walter
Posts: 774
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 9:13 am
Location: Close to FRA, Germany

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by Walter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:11 pm

Congratulations! Enjoy your new toy! And praise postal services working reliably even without tracking number and other superfluous rubbish (BTW, Thurn & Taxis didn't need any tracking numbers either for centuries).
DM42 SN: 00041 --- Follower of Platon.

HP-35, HP-45, ..., HP-50, WP 34S, WP 31S, DM16L

User avatar
salvomic
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:09 am
Location: Ragusa, Sicily
Contact:

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by salvomic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:16 pm

Walter wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:11 pm
Congratulations! Enjoy your new toy! And praise postal services working reliably even without tracking number and other superfluous rubbish (BTW, Thurn & Taxis didn't need any tracking numbers either for centuries).
thank you Walter!
And yes, I'm praising no rubbish and fiscal postage will be delivered here, with and without tracking number :-D

About postal service delays: yesterday I received a little parcel from America, after ...32 days. It left USA on Jan 12 (since 4 to 12 it passed some US States), and then I don't know what obscure roads it made to come here. Incredible.

Salvo
∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) - DM42 (SN: 00881), DM16, HP Prime, 50g, 41CX, 42s, 71b, 15C, 12C, HP 35s, WP34s :: Free42

User avatar
akaTB
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 11:56 am

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by akaTB » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:36 pm

salvomic wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:16 pm
Walter wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:11 pm
Congratulations! Enjoy your new toy! And praise postal services working reliably even without tracking number and other superfluous rubbish (BTW, Thurn & Taxis didn't need any tracking numbers either for centuries).
thank you Walter!
And yes, I'm praising no rubbish and fiscal postage will be delivered here, with and without tracking number :-D

About postal service delays: yesterday I received a little parcel from America, after ...32 days. It left USA on Jan 12 (since 4 to 12 it passed some US States), and then I don't know what obscure roads it made to come here. Incredible.

Salvo
Isn't it like Xmas again when something you almost completely forgot about is suddenly delivered to you?
:mrgreen:
Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong

cappy
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by cappy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:19 pm

reavy wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:08 pm
I ordered a DM42 on 2/2 and suppose it likely shipped on 2/5. There was a note somewhere saying that they planned to ship on 2/5, but I can't find it now.

In the past, my orders have arrived very quickly -- in Phoenix within 2-3 days of the Swiss postmark. Never got a shipping notification or tracking email from SwissMicros, though. I personally don't care because it's too much work to micromanage incoming packages.
I’m one time zone West of you.
I ordered on Feb 1, haven’t seen it yet, but am hoping for a delivery next week.
DM42 SN: 0612

User avatar
Walter
Posts: 774
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 9:13 am
Location: Close to FRA, Germany

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by Walter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:30 pm

salvomic wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:16 pm
About postal service delays: yesterday I received a little parcel from America, after ...32 days. It left USA on Jan 12 (since 4 to 12 it passed some US States), and then I don't know what obscure roads it made to come here. Incredible.
Snail mail from the US of A abroad seems a bit slower and very complicated.
DM42 SN: 00041 --- Follower of Platon.

HP-35, HP-45, ..., HP-50, WP 34S, WP 31S, DM16L

User avatar
salvomic
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:09 am
Location: Ragusa, Sicily
Contact:

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by salvomic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:31 pm

cappy wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:19 pm
I’m one time zone West of you.
I ordered on Feb 1, haven’t seen it yet, but am hoping for a delivery next week.
I hope you could receive it today or tomorrow! :)
akaTB wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:36 pm

Isn't it like Xmas again when something you almost completely forgot about is suddenly delivered to you?
almost so, yes :)
Xmas two times, this year!

Salvo
∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) - DM42 (SN: 00881), DM16, HP Prime, 50g, 41CX, 42s, 71b, 15C, 12C, HP 35s, WP34s :: Free42

Thomas Okken
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 3:48 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by Thomas Okken » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:26 pm

Walter wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:30 pm
Snail mail from the US of A abroad seems a bit slower and very complicated.
I find the U.S. Postal Service quite reliable and fast in general, but on one occasion, it somehow took six weeks for a parcel to reach me from the Netherlands, most of that time apparently waiting for someone at customs to decide to let it through.

Since this parcel did, in fact, contain a Christmas present, I didn't try to find out what happened, I was just happy I received it after all. :)
Last edited by Thomas Okken on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toml_12953
Posts: 442
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 5:46 pm
Location: Malone, NY USA

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by toml_12953 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Thomas Okken wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:26 pm
Walter wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:30 pm
Snail mail from the US of A abroad seems a bit slower and very complicated.
I was just happy I received it in the end. :)

I visited my proctologist recently. I, however, was not happy to receive it in the end. :o
Tom L

¡spuǝıɹɟ uɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎɯ llɐ oʇ ıH
DM42 SN: 00025 (Beta)
SN: 00221 (Shipping)

Post Reply