February run of DM-42

Discussion around the SwissMicros DM42 calculator
althor

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by althor »

I received my calculator about 1-1/2 weeks ago. I'm actually disappointed with mine. The keyboard is almost unusable. I get very poor feedback when I press the keys to the point that I have to make sure I'm watching the display at each press of a key for confirmation.

I've read about loosening the screws that hold the board in the case, and I've tried it without positive results. My "0" key is the worst key, and I have the same problem that many have shared with the enter key. All of the keys feel very stiff and most have poor tactile feedback.

It will probably just decorate my desk drawer as I can't count on it to register my keypresses correctly.

It was a great idea though.
Michael
Site Admin

Re: February run of DM-42

Post by Michael »

althor wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:27 am
I received my calculator about 1-1/2 weeks ago. I'm actually disappointed with mine. The keyboard is almost unusable. I get very poor feedback when I press the keys to the point that I have to make sure I'm watching the display at each press of a key for confirmation.

I've read about loosening the screws that hold the board in the case, and I've tried it without positive results. My "0" key is the worst key, and I have the same problem that many have shared with the enter key. All of the keys feel very stiff and most have poor tactile feedback.

It will probably just decorate my desk drawer as I can't count on it to register my keypresses correctly.

It was a great idea though.
I'm really sorry for that. We'll get that straight. I'll get in touch directly with you.