Printing and Thermal Printers etc

Discussion around the SwissMicros DM42 calculator
tcab

Printing and Thermal Printers etc

Post by tcab »

Can anyone recommend an new, obtainable, replacement thermal printer for the HP 82240b, for use with the infra red capabilities of the DM42?

Does this ancient emulator solution work? http://sense.net/~egan/virtual82240b/
tgray

Re: Printing and Thermal Printers etc

Post by tgray »

Also interested in this. I'd love it if there were a simple USB IR receiver that dumped the 'printout' to a file on the host computer.
dlachieze

Post by dlachieze »

See this previous post for some directions.
DM42: 00425 - DM41X: β00066 - WP43: 00042
tcab

Post by tcab »

That link mentions a great hobby project which is far from complete - I wish someone would just sell a replacement thermal printer!

Or yes, some sort of interface with a smartphone/tablet/computer for streaming printouts from the DM42.

And as far as I can tell from the user manual, the "virtual printer" tape feature of Free42 has not been implemented on the DM42. The top portion of the big DM42 screen could potentially be an excellent location for the virtual printer tape - not sure if there are any plans by Swiss Micros to do this.

Anyone know if the "print to textfile" feature of Free42 (see preferences) is implemented in the DM42? In which case, if connected by USB to a computer, this might be a way to access printouts from the DM42 via that file?