Append to CATALOG

Discussion around the SwissMicros DM42 calculator
Thomas Okken

Re: Append to CATALOG

Post by Thomas Okken »

I think this may be a good time to link to this earlier post of mine...
mgmander

Post by mgmander »

Thomas Okken wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:34 pm
I think this may be a good time to link to this earlier post of mine...
Understood. No significant functionality enhancements to Free42 as you consider it pretty much done. And it is very well done indeed! :)

I presume that wouldn't preclude SwissMicros from adding even more functionality to the DM42 down the road, should they choose to? They have, after all, already added support for the larger display, virtual variables and so on...
Thomas Okken

Post by Thomas Okken »

mgmander wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:02 pm
I presume that wouldn't preclude SwissMicros from adding even more functionality to the DM42 down the road, should they choose to? They have, after all, already added support for the larger display, virtual variables and so on...
Absolutely. Given the terms of the GPLv2, under which I'm releasing Free42, they are free to do so, and, for what it's worth, I think the ways they have already improved upon Free42 are really well done. I wouldn't stop them from continuing down this road even if I could. :)
whuyse

Post by whuyse »

If you want to have more programs in the CUSTOM menu, create your own 'libraries' and assign those to one of the 18 available positions.

This is what I do:

Say I have a number of programs that I'd like to group in one menu button. Take SCM, GCD, CEIL, FLOOR and MANT, for instance, that I'll group as 'NUM'.
Write NUM as follows:

Code: Select all

>LBL "NUM"
 CLMENU
 "GCD"
 KEY 1 XEQ "GCD"
 "SCM"
 KEY 2 XEQ "SCM"
 "CEIL"
 KEY 3 XEQ "CEIL"
 "FLOOR"
 KEY 4 XEQ "FLOOR"
 "MANT"
 KEY 5 XEQ "MANT"
>LBL 00
 KEY 9 GTO 09
>LBL 10
 MENU
 STOP
 GTO 10
>LBL 09
 CUSTOM  (use SF 27 for now)
 END
and assign it to a CUSTOM key.
You can have several of these assigned, and EXITing them will bring back the CUSTOM menu. It looks as if you have subdirectories for programs.

Cheers, Werner
41CV†,42S,48GX,49G,DM42,DM41X,17BII,15CE, DM15L