My dream DM42 display layout

Discussion around the SwissMicros DM42 calculator
Olaf

Re: My dream DM42 display layout

Post by Olaf »

As a Norman, all this makes a lot of sense to me :-) [William the Conqueror being one of the heroes of my young years, as I was born not so far from his castle of Falaise]. Maybe that's the reason while I always liked to learn english... there's a clear connection.

That said : yes the option to alter DM42 screen layout sounds very interesting to me. /* back to topic :-) */
My main request would be the option to change font for menu keys, or the use of HP font as a default for the menu items, at least. To me, the HP font fits better on Free42. I'm not fond of the Sans font. (haha !)

Olivier
-----------------------------------------------------------------
HP48G, DM42 (# 276), a slide rule and a C compiler :-)
akaTB

Post by akaTB »

Barbarians :lol:

Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres, quarum unam incolunt Belgae, aliam Aquitani, tertiam qui ipsorum lingua Celtae, nostra Galli appellantur. Hi omnes lingua, institutis, legibus inter se differunt.
Greetings,
    Massimo
ajcaton
-+×÷ left is right and right is wrong :twisted: Casted in gold
Thomas Okken

Post by Thomas Okken »

akaTB wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:06 am
Barbarians :lol:

Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres, quarum unam incolunt Belgae, aliam Aquitani, tertiam qui ipsorum lingua Celtae, nostra Galli appellantur. Hi omnes lingua, institutis, legibus inter se differunt.
When that was written, there were still at least four living language families in the boot of Italy. I don't think Caesar meant to criticize the people of what-we-now-call-France when he mentioned their cultural and linguistic diversity. :mrgreen: