Anything I should know before I install the USB Driver for the DM42...

Discussion around the SwissMicros DM42 calculator
Walter

Re: Anything I should know before I install the USB Driver for the DM42...

Post by Walter »

zeno333 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:03 pm
You mentioned..."The Wizard may suggest to reinstall; if so, do so, but this is a normal startup, you do not need to do the unsigned driver thing again, as the drivers are now installed.". I am wondering if it does ask to reinstall, do i reinstall in driver verify disble mode once again, or do i reinstall without rebooting at all?...What exactly needs to be done to reinstall aftert doing it the first time???
The driver must be installed just once in a lifetime. 8-)
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
rprosperi

Re: Anything I should know before I install the USB Driver for the DM42...

Post by rprosperi »

zeno333 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:03 pm
You mentioned..."The Wizard may suggest to reinstall; if so, do so, but this is a normal startup, you do not need to do the unsigned driver thing again, as the drivers are now installed.". I am wondering if it does ask to reinstall, do i reinstall in driver verify disble mode once again, or do i reinstall without rebooting at all?...What exactly needs to be done to reinstall aftert doing it the first time???
My mistake, I meant to say "The Wizard may suggest to restart Windows; if so, do so...." Sorry about the confusion.

But to the point you raised - if the wizard simply asks to restart, then you can restart without using unsigned driver mode, however if it does in fact say you need to reinstall (which I've never seen or heard of) then you should be able to run the wizard again without rebooting. If for some unknown reason it continually asks you to reinstall (unlikely!!) then I suggest you restart win10, again in unsigned driver install mode, and run the wizard again.
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100