Firmware V16a for legacy DM15 M80

Firmware updates will be announced in this forum. The forum is marked as read-only, so if you have a problem with a new version then please report it in either the "DM1x/DM41 Usage tips, tricks and questions" forum or if you think it is a bug, then in the "DM1x/DM41 Bug reports" forum.
grsbanks

Firmware V16a for legacy DM15 M80

Post by grsbanks »

See the announcement for Firmware V26 for full details and a link to the firmware.

A bug that caused corruption of registers allocated to matrices during a numerical integration has been fixed and backported to legacy DM15_M80 units built on the LPC1114 chip with 32KB of ROM.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
rkf

Re: Firmware V16a for legacy DM15 M80

Post by rkf »

A short question: After flashing, the info screen (E+On) still shows version 16 for my legacy 32k DM15 M80 (and not the anticipated 16a). Is this correct, or did I something wrong, and so I have still the previous version 16?
DM42 S/N 00761
grsbanks

Post by grsbanks »

I think you're still good do go.

You can check this by putting the machine in the situation that caused the problem.

Reset the machine with the [ON]+[-] key combo to get the usual "PR ERROR"

Write a small program to give the integrator something to chew on:

Code: Select all

LBL A
x^2
RTN
...is sufficient.

Create a matrix A of 7x4 elements: 7 [ENTER] 4 [DIM][A]
And a matrix B of 2x2 elements 2 [ENTER][DIM][ B ]

Reset the matrix pointer and observe that B[1,1] is zero: [MATRIX] 1 [RCL][ B ]

Perform the integration: 0 [ENTER] 1 [INTEG][A]

View B[1,1] again: [RCL][ B ]

If you get 0 then you have the correct firmware and it simply doesn't display the "a" (which I suspect is the case). If not then we have to think again!
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
rkf

Post by rkf »

grsbanks wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:38 am
I think you're still good do go.

You can check this by ...
If you get 0 then you have the correct firmware and it simply doesn't display the "a" (which I suspect is the case). If not then we have to think again!
Thank you very much for the quick, and detailed reply! Since I've got 0.0000 as the result of the test above, all is fine for both of us. ;)

Kind regards,
Ralf.
DM42 S/N 00761