[DM15 M1B v22] PR ERROR

If you think you've found a bug in one of these machines, post about it here indicating the steps you perform in order to reproduce it.

Please prefix your topic with the model number in question and firmware version this way:

[DM16 V22] CHS gives unexpected results
Vartio L.

[DM15 M1B v22] PR ERROR

Post by Vartio L. »

Firmware is v22.

I got PR ERROR several times while trying to turn the serial console up with key combination [ON]+[C]...
I admit I didn't read the http://www.swissmicros.com/instructions.php about the press and release sequence, but..

It might will couse a memory reset. I can reproduce it with ONhold+Chold+ONrelease+Crelease. With pretty speedy tempo <1sec.
Calc is connected to PC while doing so.

First calculator show (a line of pixels I notice now) and then the "[on]+[9] command screen" and then it stays on PR ERROR screen.

Erases the memory! -confirmed on my device.
rprosperi

Re: [DM15 M1B v22] PR ERROR

Post by rprosperi »

PR ERROR is what the 15C f/w displays when first turned-on after a memory lost (e.g. initial power-up, after changing batteries, etc.) so it does not really indicate an actual error. On the DM15, it basically means that the f/w has just 'booted' and is ready to use.
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100
Vartio L.

Post by Vartio L. »

Yep. I learned it after posting this.

The bug comes from the fact it happens with slobby serial console key sequence (with a rolling fingers technique, I have no better description of it. Almost simultaneusly pressing the keys). NOTE: Only when USB cable is attached.
grsbanks

Post by grsbanks »

This does look more like a hardware issue than a firmware bug. I ran a load of tests with my DM12L unit flashed with the DM15_M1B firmware and it didn't exhibit this problem.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.