Today's updating

This is the place to discuss the usage of DM1x/DM41 machines and to share any tips & tricks you may have stumbled across.

If discussing a specific model, please ensure that you prefix topic subjects with the model number this way:

[DM41] How to change the number of program steps available
Krauts In Space

Today's updating

Post by Krauts In Space »

I did as adviced, so in the end my DM15L works fine, but I had one stumbling stone.
When I was told to push the reset button I did for lets say half a second. This resulted in a "PR Error" message on the calc display and the progamming window gave an error message I can't remember. Maybe it was something about blocks.
I repeated this one or two times more, until I pressed the button for 2 seconds or so. Now my calc got flashed, still with that error message on display. Now it works fine, so I should be happy (as I am, indeed).

Because of this, I have two questions:
  • Is it intended to press the reset button that long (2 s), or was it just me ore some circumstances that pressing it for a shorter period didn't work?
  • Might flashing with that error message hold any bad side effects for the future?
DM15L S/# 10584 FW v25
DM42 S/# 01015 FW v3.5
grsbanks

Re: Today's updating

Post by grsbanks »

No, you just have to give it a quick press the same way you would a calculator key. Sometimes it doesn't take first time and you have to repeat the press but generally it works fine.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
grsbanks

Post by grsbanks »

By the way, "Pr Error" is normal. That's what the HP-15C (and therefore the DM15) displays when you reset it.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
Krauts In Space

Post by Krauts In Space »

grsbanks wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:30 pm
By the way, "Pr Error" is normal. That's what the HP-15C (and therefore the DM15) displays when you reset it.
Ok, good to know.
DM15L S/# 10584 FW v25
DM42 S/# 01015 FW v3.5