DM12L - [A...] + [ON] key combinations works only occasionally

This is the place to discuss the usage of DM1x/DM41 machines and to share any tips & tricks you may have stumbled across.

If discussing a specific model, please ensure that you prefix topic subjects with the model number this way:

[DM41] How to change the number of program steps available
Taki

DM12L - [A...] + [ON] key combinations works only occasionally

Post by Taki »

Hi!

This is my first post, so: Hello my name is Taki.

I own a DM12L which I bought used. As far as I can tell everything seems to work fine with the exception of the key combinations. Only after many tries I managed to enter the console modus. There I saw that I had an older firmware which I immediately updated. I had to compile lpc21isp myself, though.

Even after the firmware update I can't use the key combinations and therefore contrast and other settings aren't available to me. Is there anything I can do myself?

Kind regards

Taki
- DM15L S/N#00047
grsbanks

Re: DM12L - [A...] + [ON] key combinations works only occasionally

Post by grsbanks »

How exactly are you trying the key combinations?

For example, the one to change the time and date (I know you've already done this via the console but you might find it useful on a later occasion) is [ON]+[y^x].

With the DM12L switched off, press and hold [y^x], press and release [ON], then release [y^x].
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
Taki

Post by Taki »

Oh, now I'm embarrassed! I wasn't starting with the calculator switched off. :o

By now you will already know that this is my first HP alike calculator, so I have no experience with the way they work(ed).

Thanks for helping me. Now I need to read some manuals...

Taki
- DM15L S/N#00047
grsbanks

Post by grsbanks »

Don't worry -- you have to start somewhere :)
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.