Search found 259 matches

by toml_12953
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:07 pm
Forum: Update Announcements
Topic: UPDATE: DMCP-3.12 / DM42-3.12
Replies: 7
Views: 235

Re: UPDATE: DMCP-3.12 / DM42-3.12

grsbanks wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:04 pm
[*](Testing) "System->Power OFF mode" menu item
The four levels aren't documented in the manual. What are they?
by toml_12953
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:43 am
Forum: Usage tips, tricks and problem reports
Topic: Empty CUSTOM menu
Replies: 11
Views: 352

Re: Empty CUSTOM menu

Because That's Not How The Real HP-42S Works™ So that's your argument, eh? A damn good one, too! Reinheit über alles! Quatsch! If the real HP-42S is the standard, it's the standard. Period. That's what I said! The argument for keeping the DM42 the same as the original is a good one. I wasn't being ...
by toml_12953
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:08 pm
Forum: Usage tips, tricks and problem reports
Topic: Empty CUSTOM menu
Replies: 11
Views: 352

Re: Empty CUSTOM menu

Thomas Okken wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:48 pm
Because That's Not How The Real HP-42S Works™
So that's your argument, eh? A damn good one, too!

Reinheit über alles!
by toml_12953
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:11 pm
Forum: Usage tips, tricks and problem reports
Topic: Empty CUSTOM menu
Replies: 11
Views: 352

Re: Empty CUSTOM menu

Thomas Okken wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:00 am
Exactly. :D In other words, the CUSTOM menu always has three rows, and so the multi-row (up/down) annunciator is always on while CUSTOM is active, whether any assignments have been made or not.
Why not just show the annunciator if there's at least one entry in one of the other two rows?
by toml_12953
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:36 am
Forum: DM42
Topic: Merry Christmas
Replies: 0
Views: 155

Merry Christmas

Joyeux Noël, Frohe Weinachten, Feliz Navidad, Buon Natale, Feliz Natal, Vrolijk kerstfeest, Crăciun fericit, Wesołych świąt Bożego Narodzenia

Best wishes from our family to you whatever language you speak!

Tom and Paula Lake and our little ponds, Sarah and Matt.
by toml_12953
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:28 am
Forum: Discuss!
Topic: What do all those bots here?
Replies: 8
Views: 458

Re: What do all those bots here?

Walter wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:53 pm
keithdalby wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:47 pm
If Alexa said that I might be more tempted to buy one
Do you really want the NSA at home? And whoever else hacks those data?
If they have nothing better to do than look at my boring activities, I feel sorry for them!
Now, if I could only delete my searches for latex, whips and midgets...
by toml_12953
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:25 pm
Forum: Usage tips, tricks and problem reports
Topic: DM42- clock losing time
Replies: 8
Views: 1678

Re: DM42- clock losing time

Thanks. It doesn’t make me feel better, but at least it’s confirmation it’s not just my DM-42 experiencing this. It’s a shame they didn’t add a crystal. The additional cost would have been worth it. What about colour screen, GPS, wifi and stereo speakers? Well why not? I know you're being facetious...
by toml_12953
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:04 am
Forum: DM42
Topic: Somehow offtopic...somehow not that much...
Replies: 6
Views: 1153

Re: Somehow offtopic...somehow not that much...

Joe Horn wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:28 am
Image
LOL! Methinks you have committed a SIN() - or maybe a COS() or TAN()
by toml_12953
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:00 am
Forum: Usage tips, tricks and problem reports
Topic: 8 Level Stack?
Replies: 12
Views: 1257

Re: 8 Level Stack?

….plus optional 16 local flags per program so far. Local flags per program? Now, that's a brilliant idea! Various programs that leave global flags in whatever state without cleaning up after themselves are a bit of a pain, and this would solve that problem very elegantly. I like it. Ditto! It's a w...
by toml_12953
Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:01 am
Forum: Usage tips, tricks and problem reports
Topic: 8 Level Stack?
Replies: 12
Views: 1257

Re: 8 Level Stack?

In the context of Free42, they would just be used for adding additional toggles for for enabling/disabling enhancements that could break compatibility with the original 42S. For example, "SF 101" might enable an 8-level stack. The 00-99 flag space is already pretty much spoken for, so adding 100-19...